This program runs for 24 weeks with students completing up to 30 hours per week, depending on their individualized learning plan.
Includes internship, job readiness skills and job placement assistance.
Monday-Friday 9AM - 3PM
Fall 2017 classes begin on November 14.
Comprehensive training includes:
- Manual and computerized accounting procedures includes extensive training in QuickBooks and Excel accounting programs
- Business writing and communication skills
- Northstar computer literacy certification
- Microsoft Office and typing skills
- Work readiness skills include: business etiquette, cover letters, resumes, job search techniques, mock interviews, job placement and reference assistance
- A 120-hour minimum internship in an accounting office will get you real work experience and have you well prepared to enter the workforce
- Financial literacy seminar
- Food and Nutrition Education seminar
- Independent learning plans
- Individual counseling and job coaching
- Case management and tutoring
Who is eligible?
- High School Diploma or GED
- Pass a BCI background check
- Students motivated to learn new skills and start in an entry level position.
- Advanced ESL proficiency is a pre-requirement for this course. Outreach provides the necessary comprehensive ESL services and foundational courses in math and English to assure student success. These services are supported by the RI Department of Education, and are provided free of charge to qualified applicants.
Please call to discuss financial options:
Bookkeeping & Accounting
RIC Outreach Programs are available to qualified students in need of training and employment, including clients of the Rhode Island
Department of Labor & Training (DLT), the Department of Human
Services Family Independence Program (DHS), and the Office of
Rehabilitative Services (ORS). Other potential funding sources may apply.
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act funded training may be provided only to individuals who qualify for the program, and only if funds are available.
The Bookkeeping & Accounting certificate program teaches skills in manual and computerized accounting and bookkeeping functions, including preparation and maintenance of ledgers, journals, adjusting and closing entries, basic financial statements, cash and banking procedures, payroll, and accounts payable & receivable.
The course will give students who have minimal or no previous knowledge of accounting a basic understanding of accounting and bookkeeping principles, and procedures used to record, classify, and summarize financial data. Students will become familiar with accounting terminology, financial records, forms, and statements currently used in industry. This program also includes in-office training and computer skills, business math, and job development skills.
All course textbooks and materials are included with your tuition.
Rhode Island College
600 Mt. Pleasant Avenue - East Campus, Bldg. 8
Providence, Rhode Island 02908
Main Phone: (401) 456-8698
Fax: (401) 456-8582
Recruitment Phone: (401) 456-8902
ESOL Recruitment: (401) 456-4754
Recruitment Email: firstname.lastname@example.org